We designed and implemeted some of the main OS mechanisms on top of the Not Another Completely Heuristic Operating System (Nachos). The mechanisms in which we worked on are:
- Console Input/output:
- Asynchronous and synchronous.
- PutChar system call.
- EOF (End of File) Detection.
- User Threads.
- Several Threads per Process.
- Automatic Termination.
- Virtual Memory:
- Paging and Virtual Addresses.
- Executing several user programs at the same time.
- Implemeted a shell.
- Dynamic Memory Allocation.
- File System:
- Implemented a directory tree.
- IOpen Files Table.
- Concurrent Access to Files.
- Implementing files of variable size.
This project was part of the Operating System course project during the first year of my Masters degree. Teammates: Lucas Demarne, Paul de Montleau, Lucas Gisselaire.